Do you like to eat cold ice cream and drink cold milkshake in the winter time? We do! This is the season when the strawberries are juicier than ever and if you’re also a fan of chocolate, then there’s nothing better than chocolate covered strawberries in a glass!
Dark Cocoa Candy Melts blend perfectly with strawberry ice cream. Top it all off with sparkling sugar, a mini chocolate doughnut and a chocolate covered strawberry, of course.
- 1 cup Wilton Dark Cocoa Candy Melts Candy
- 1/3 cup Wilton Pink Sparkling Sugar
- 4 large strawberries
- Baked Chocolate Mini Doughnuts (recipe follows)
- 1 container (1-1/2 quarts) strawberry ice cream
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup Wilton Dark Cocoa Candy Melts Candy, finely chopped
- Whipped cream, to serve
To prepare milkshake glasses, melt dark cocoa Candy Melts Candy according to package directions. Dip rims of 4 pint glasses in melted candy, then in pink sparkling sugar. Set aside until candy has set. With remaining candy, dip strawberries. Refrigerate until candy has set.
For milkshakes: combine ice cream and milk in a blender; process until smooth. Stir in chopped candy. Divide mixture evenly among prepared glasses; top with whipped cream. Add candy-covered strawberries and mini doughnuts. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 milkshakes.
Baked Mini Chocolate Doughnuts Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup cake flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1 drop Wilton Pink Color Right Base Color
- Wilton White Nonpareils Sprinkles (optional)
For doughnuts: Preheat oven to 425°F. Prepare Mini Doughnut Pan with vegetable pan spray.
In a large bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add milk, egg, and butter; stir until just combined. Divide doughnut batter evenly among pan cavities. Spread batter around center post to edges of cup.
Bake 6-7 minutes or until the top of the doughnuts spring back when touched. Cool in pan 3 minutes; remove to cooling grid and cool completely.
For glaze: In small bowl, whisk together confectioners’ sugar, corn syrup, milk and color until smooth. Dip tops of doughnuts in glaze; sprinkle with sprinkles, if using.
Makes about 1 dozen mini doughnuts.